GSA 8(a) Streamlined Technology Application Resource for Services (STARS) III
Contract Number: 47QTCB22D0239
- Contact: Mr. Amir Javed Chief Operating Officer and STARS III Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- DUNS: 080057428
- CAGE Code: 7HF80
- IMS SAM Unique Entity ID (UEI) : SMJKRNM9NVH5
- IMS Contractor STARS III - Program Management Strategies (integratedmanagementstrategies.com)
- Applicable Business Size: Small Business; 8(a)
- Overview: Multiple Award, Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity (MA-IDIQ) contract to provide information technology (IT) services and IT services-based solutions which may include the integration of ancillary support which is necessary and integral to the IT services being acquired. STARS III Master Contract awards are reserved exclusively for qualifying Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a) prime contractors with competitive prices.
- Scope: Customized IT services and IT services-based solutions, both commercial and non-commercial. Customized IT services-based solutions can be tailored to meet an agency’s particular mission needs and may include new and emerging technologies that evolve over the life of the contract.
- NAICS Codes: The primary North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code for the Master Contract is designated as 541512, Computer Systems Design Services. Requirements that align with other IT services NAICS codes are within the scope of the STARS III GWAC. These NAICS codes include, but are not limited to 541511, 541513, 541519, 518210.
- Task Order performance allowed 5 years beyond contract ordering period end date.
- Benefits: OMB designated “Best-in-Class” (BIC) acquisition vehicle; flexible 8(a)-specific vehicle covering a wide range of IT solutions; allows for 8(a) directed task orders up to $4.5M; assisted acquisition support available; no protests under $10M, except for a protest on the grounds that the order increases the scope, period of performance, or maximum value of the contract.
- Sole Source Awards: STARS III allows for sole source orders under the 8(a) competitive threshold. The rationale at FAR 19.804-2(a)10, (i) or (ii), is relevant to sole source orders. The 5th Fair Opportunity Exception, FAR 16.505(b)(2)(i)(E), is typically applicable to STARS III sole source orders. When documenting the exception justification in accordance with FAR 16.505 (b)(2)(ii), the statute authorizing sole source orders is the Small Business Act (15 U.S.C. 637(a). Note: A justification and approval for other than full and open competition in accordance with FAR part 6.3 is not required unless the sole source order exceeds $25M.
- 8(a) STARS III Ordering Guide: 8(a) STARS III Ordering Guide
- IMS STARS III website: https://www.integratedmanagementstrategies.com
- GSA STARS III Website: www/gsa.gov/stars3
- GSA STARS III email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link to IMS STARS III Contract