Director of Finance
Director of Finance
IMS is seeking a Director of Finance and Accounting with experience in high growth environments to join our executive team. This individual will be responsible for overall maintenance of the Quick books accounting system, the preparation of cost proposals, DCAA indirect submissions, coordination of annual independent audits, and other special reports at the discretion of the CEO. Government contracting experience is mandatory.
The Director of Finance and Accounting conducts financial and operational audits of corporate activities, assists in Government audits, and manages the day to day operations of the Finance and Accounting Department. The Controller is responsible for the preparation of monthly financial packages for review by the CEO (General Ledger, Journal entries, Contract Revenue Summary). The selected candidate will consult with the COO, Director of Civilian and DoD, and Program Managers to maintain accuracy of contract financial data and prepare special reports to assist them in effective and accurate program management.
Primary duties will include (but not limited to):
- Manages incurred costs submissions with DCAA
- Calculate and manage indirect rates for company
- Expert in QuickBooks
- Job costing support for proposals
- Plans, organizes and directs all financial activities by providing technical direction
- Leads a team of finance and accounting professionals of varying levels of experience
- Manages all aspects of accounting functions to include:
- General Ledger
- Accounts Receivable, Collections, and Billing
- Cash and Treasury management
- Purchasing and Accounts Payable
- Financial Statement Preparation and Analysis
- Bank and Account Reconciliations
- Fixed Assets functions
- Computes indirect rates and ensures the integrity of rate pools and costs centers
- Provide weekly financial dashboard for each project
- Provide weekly burn rates for each T&M contract
- Prepares annual Incurred Cost Submissions
- Performs as strategic and collaborative partner to Operations and Corporate Leadership for contractual, reporting, and financial management issues
- Compliance responsibility in accordance with GAAP , SOX, DCA full CAS disclosure statement
- Financial close processes
- Manages revenue recognition including EAC
- Develops and implements policies & practices related to accounting, finance, and operational planning
- Continuous pursuit of total quality and process improvements in accounting operations
The successful candidate will apply advanced accounting skills to perform and/or oversee routine and non-routine tasks involving the processing and reconciliation of receivables, billing, payroll, accounts payable, contract revenue calculations, contract cost accumulation and reporting, indirect rate calculations, fixed assets, general ledger, preparing financial statements, and supporting compliance audits. These efforts will be focused on the growth of the enterprise.
Must be an expert user of Microsoft Excel and Quick Books, or Unanet; prepares spreadsheets, business intelligence reports, special analyses, and dashboards at direction of the CEO. Proactive management of the financial system of record is required to debug and resolve program errors, make recommendations for program enhancements, and serve as primary vendor liaison with Deltek Training for accounting and human resources staff in use of Deltek system Integration and new business acquisitions into existing accounting system. Government contracting experience is mandatory.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in accounting/finance
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing a team of accountants or financial professionals
- Minimum 5 years Federal Government contracting experience required managing DCAA/DCMA approved accounting system
- Expert Deltek/CostPoint experience, to include Cognos reporting and dashboards
Preferred Education and Experience
- CPA, MS Accounting/Finance, or MBA preferred
- Experience with ADP Resource Payroll and Accounting preferred
IMS is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for the employment process, please email your request to email@example.com.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify