PMO Program Manager
PMO Program Manager
IMS is seeking a Project Manager to stand up a Enterprise Project Management Office at a Federal Agency. The applicant should have experience in CPIC, Enterprise Architecture (EA) and Portfolio Management (PM) Support initiative. The PM will be responsible for developing and supporting a standardized approach towards IT Portfolio Planning, Management and Evaluation that will effectively align IT investment decisions with organizational strategic goals and objectives. The Program Manager will manage the team and be responsible for the contract. The PM is expected to collaborate with the client CIO, Government PMO, and various client stakeholders within the EA and PM disciplines.
- Collaborate with the customer to Set up the PMO at the Federal agency
- Implement templates and streamline the Life Cycle Framework.
- Assist customer CIO to conduct research and benchmarks to help Federal staff to develop board or business case(s), planning, monitoring, capital investment control documentation.
- Support the customer CIO to adopt and implement the Capital Planning and Investment review process, both from an IT Investment and PMO perspective.
- Collect information on current and planned IT investments, and conduct Baseline Analysis to determine portfolio candidate strength through ROI analysis
- Develop guidance to formulate and manage overall IT portfolio
- Establish performance targets to track effectiveness and long-term feasibility of IT portfolio and ensure alignment to strategic goals and organizational priorities
- Design portfolio scorecards during portfolio reviews
- Knowledge of TBM
- Knowledge of Folio tool
- Knowledge of Smart Sheet Tools, Service Now, Power BI
- At least 5 of project management experience at the Federal Agency
- At least 3 years of experience conducting IT Investment Planning and support for Federal clients
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Must have federal experience managing a PMO at OCIO level or office level. Must have at least 5 years of experience doing that
- Must have CPIC, governance and TBM experience
- Must have experience manager a team of 4 personnel
- Presents exceptionally well to senior executives
- Influences organizational business, service, technical decisions that support the organization's strategic plan
- Knowledge of EA and Portfolio management governance processes
- Expert knowledge of Federal CPIC processes, standards and guidance; including development and management of OMB Exhibit 300 and Exhibit 53 submissions
- Familiarity with the tenets of Agile adoption within Federal Environments
- Excellent communicator (writing, speaking, listening) with experience leading discussions
- Expert knowledge of the PMBOK and associated program management strategies
- Expert knowledge and use of the MS Office suite (Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Project; Visio) to prepare documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Experience with large, complex IT projects and organizations
- Exposure to Federal Governance processes for SDLC gate controls and budget approval
- Demonstrated history of coordinating projects requiring full participation across the enterprise (functional groups)
- Ability to work within highly-political environments
- Ability to communicate effectively, encourage teamwork, engage stakeholders and influence decisions
Other Considerations: This position is W-2 only; no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates. US citizenship is mandatory, per contract clearance requirements. Relocation will not be offered. Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.